Re: [6pack] Engine bay components color question

To: jmitch@snet.net, trsix74@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Engine bay components color question
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:21:03 EST
In a message dated 12/2/2007 1:49:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jmitch@snet.net writes:

I would  agree on everything except the stay rods.  On mine and every
other  late model Ive seen, they're semi gloss black like the other
braces. They  are the braces that run from the wheel arches to above the
grill. Also on  my 76 the radiator overflow bottle was unpainted.

the stay rods were black on all TR6s - they were body color on TR4s  and, i
think, TR250s

the radiator overflow bottle brackets were all unpainted in TR6s - i would
guess a lot of them got painted black by owners early on, since the rusted so
fast.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

products.