RE: Where did my clutch fluid go?

To: "Bruce Simms" <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Where did my clutch fluid go?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:57:35 -0800
        Bruce:

        My experience is that the best course of action is to carefully
rebuild your existing slave.

        I tried to go the "new" route, but was frustrated with that
plan. The first slave that my local LBC mechanic got for me (from Moss,
BTW) would not fit through the mounting plate, because the cylinder was
flared where the line and bleed nipple attached. I returned it, and
reordered. The second one arrived with the machining on the wrong side
of the mounting ears, so I returned that one. I borrowed a small bottle
brush hone, and honed my existing slave, then installed all new seals. 2
years later it is still working great. (I am running DOT 5 fluid).

        Vance