Engine issues

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Engine issues
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:49:20 -0400
I'm trying to diagnose an issue I'm having with my TR6.  I took the TR on a
fairly lengthy trip recently and was having problems with #2 fouling out.
I've always had issues with #2 and thought that a recent rebuild of the
cylinder head might rectify the situation.  I was wrong.

So with this in mind I did a compression test last night and came up with
the following figures - dry.  Btw, the head was shaved to achieve a 9:1
compression ratio.

#1 - 180

#2 - 180

#3 - 150

#4 - 155

#5 - 165

#6 - 180

Obviously #2 doesn't have a compression issue.  Aside from the variance in
the cylinders, I suppose I'm looking at a bad ring or broken ring to keep
coming up with oily #2.  Am I missing something else?  I didn't check the
discumbobulator and the hyperspace module is in good working order.

Ideas?

R. Ashford Little II

'70 TR6, 73.5 911 <http://www.ralittle2.com/>