Re: Braking Problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Braking Problem
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 23:05:17 -0700
Larry---Possibly something got on the brake pad or the rotor, making
this side pull more. Leaking cylinder?

If all looks well with the brakes (on both front wheels) check the wheel
bearings while you're there. If loose enough, the wheels can go into a
toe-out state and point the car any direction when the brakes are
applied.

Best to keep the front wheels slightly toed in, to keep the car from
darting.

Dick
Hi All -
I have a braking problem. When I apply the brakes, the wheel and the car
jerk significantly to the left. After I straighten the wheel, the car
then
tracks straight until it stops.   I am driving a "70 TR6 that was
stored for about 3 years. I have now been driving it with some
regularity for the
last 3 months. This is a new problem.
Any and all thoughts are welcome,
Larry