Fools Rush In....

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fools Rush In....
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:54:22 -0400
Many of you know that I took my car off the road over a year ago to deal
with a number of issues that cropped up. One of them was general hydraulic
failure.  The brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder let go right
about the same time and of course I got a healthy done of brake fluid
everywhere.

So tonight, I decide to take out the PDWA.  I have a rebuilt one that I will
put itn and I will rehabilitate the original. I am able to loosen 3 of the 4
compression fittings.  I can loosen the 4th, but even though the pipe is
free, the fitting is just not coming out. After perspiration and naughty
language, I finall give a heave-ho and it comes loose.  It appears to me
that some "knuckle-dragger" has really socked these fittings down in the
past.  Perhaps the master cyinder was leaking and he(it) wanted to make sure
the PDWA was not leaking. Anyway, it appears that the compression fitting
was distorted by all of the force and the rear of the flare, so that it
mushroomed out.  So even though the threads were free, the end of the
compression fitting was binding against the threads.

It this a common issue?  What have folks done about it (I am wincing in pain
as I ask this question)?

John Cyg