Exhaust,, Wheels success!!!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust,, Wheels success!!!
From: "scottpaisley" <scottpaisley@smartneighborhood.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 08:21:53 -0700
Well thanks to the list, I now have a very nice set of wheels with
redlines and a stock exhaust that sounds fantastic! It was a funny
thing, I couldn't get the pipes to fit in the old pipes, so I finally
gave up and drove the car to the tire place to get the muffler mounted.
A straight piped car sounds very, well, loud.

The wheels look fantastic. I took my diegrinder with a soft wire brush
and cleaned the heck out of the wheels. I painted them with dura-color
wheel paint, and they look fantastic. In fact, I had one of my neighbors
ask if I had the car painted. It's amazing what a clean set of wheels
will do for a car. I need to post some before and after pics. Seriously,
it looks like a different car.

Of course, the bad news is that I *do* need to get the suspension work
done. The lower trunion bushings show so rust, and the upper ball joints
are a little tired. It's time.

The good news is that I found some receipts from the previous owner
replaced the front and rear shocks in '99. The car rides well, and it
passes the rebound test, so I think I'll leave those alone. But springs
and rebushing is in order.

Question:

1) Has anyone used the adjustable trailing arm mounting brackets from
TRF? It looks like they give a nice way to adjust rear wheel camber
which IMHO would provide much longer life and better wear to the tires.
The alignment shows my camber was out by 3 degrees which is a heck of
alot, and is a sure sign I need new springs. But having some more
adjustment with these brackets seems like a nice idea

2) The carbs are in need of repair. The front carb where the vacuum line
connect to the underside has fuel leaking out of it. Not a little mind
you, it's dripping. My guess is that I have a bad float or a bad float
valve. Any thing else I should look for? BTW, the rubber fuel line from
the fuel tank (next to the muffler) was old and cracked. So bad in fact
that if I squeezed it by hand fuel would come through the cracks. Glad I
found that before a bad bad thing happend. If you haven't checked this
on your car, I would highly recommend it.

Cheers,

-Scotty
'74 TR6