Re: Keep a crank?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Keep a crank?
From: Mark Steph <tr6@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:06:12 -0500
This must be more common than you think.  My previous owner did exactly
the same thing.  One trust washer in the bottom of the oil pan looked as
fresh as the day it was made.  The other looked like it had gone through
one of those "squish a penny" machines you find at the state fair.

...not to mention the end of the crankshaft turns into a cone and the
flat spot at the back of the engine was an inverted cone shaped hole.
Oh, yeah, and the clutch run-out was about 1/2 an inch.  It doesnt take
a magnetic dial gage to determine that there is too much run-out when it
moves that far.