RE: TR6 Clutch Woes

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Clutch Woes
From: "Crouter, Bruce CIC" <BCrouter@cicorp.sk.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:23:00 -0600
I had this problem last summer.  I replaced everything external to the
transmission with no success.  After having blown of three weeks waiting
for parts (that's a large part of the convertible season in
Saskatchewan, Canada) I lost my cool and put the transmission in second,
started the engine and popped the clutch with the brakes on.  She has
shifted like butter since.  I forget where I read this solution and I
still feel as though I should not have done it but it worked.

Bruce Crouter

1975 TR6