Re: TR6 Supercharger System

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Supercharger System
From: Mitch Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 07:41:50 -0500
The cost of the kit with all the components , Plenum, Eaton M62 (3rd
generation), HD8 SU,  back in 99-2000 was $2,100.00. It's probably still
under three thousand now. Although you can simply bolt this on I
strongly recommend better ignition & air intake as a bare minimum. Like
any other power adder, the more you enhance, the more you get out of it.

My current motor is modified. Some of the basics are .030 over stock
pistons, lightened/balanced stock rods, Integral SC camshaft & cam
bearings, Fidanza alum flywheel, headers w/larger diam custom exhaust &
MSD ignition system.

There have been a few tech heads out there that have incorporated fuel
injection to the blower as well. The system in it's basic form with a
carburetor, is truly a "bolt on" horsepower/torque monster.  The TR6
motor is a naturally torquey motor but the blower makes it amazing.
Remember this system works like power on demand. Pressure does not build
until vacuum drops in the manifold. Daily driveability is better than
stock.

I am buy no means an authority on this but I have learned allot in the
past five years through experience & the knowledge of the list. There
are some pretty amazing people in the Triumph community that  have no
secrets & are willing to help.
There are more SC'd TR6's out there than you think.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.