Re: TR6 Supercharger System

To: hbdonna2@qwest.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Supercharger System
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 20:57:58 EST
Bill,
Let me know what you hear if it is not posted to the list.  I'm considering
the same options.   I drove a supercharged TR6 this summer.  I was completely
blown away.  I've probably got $7,000 in my motor.  Just about everything
except the induction system is modified, and I probably make about 150 HP.  My
friend took a tired stock, low compression engine with stock exhaust, added an
Eaton m62 blower with about 8 lbs. of boost, and he gets in the neighborhood of
200 hp at the rear wheels.  The acceleration is exhilirating.  It seems to me
that for $2000.00 you really can't beat a blower.  My only hesitation is I
don't want to pull the head right now to add a thicker gasket to lower the
compression.  Let me know what you find out.
Joe Davis