Re: TR6 Supercharger System

To: bdhasl <hbdonna2@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Supercharger System
From: Mitch Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:37:22 -0500
Hi Bill,

I've been running a blower for over five years now with nothing but
excellent results. The kit I have was manufactured by VIS , Vintage
Induction Systems, based in North Hampton , NH. Peter Boutcher & a
collaborator in Conn. originally designed this for his TVR. The kit was
produced for about 3-4 years but discontinued when Peter had not been
able to sell it to any of the big three British car houses ( TRF, Moss,
VB ). He did not want to sell it to the end user. His kits were very
well made & were designed with a blow-off valve in the back of the plenum.

After he stopped production, a few years passed and a local machinist
from the Bronx, New York, saw my kit and started making copies. His name
is Sal Vespertino, you can contact him at
http://www.triumphowners.com/registry.cgi?sectionID=111014&vehicleID=381&i=6
<http://www.triumphowners.com/registry.cgi?sectionID=111014&vehicleID=381&i=6>
I have seen his work & it's excellent. He has expanded to sell a
complete kit with carb & Eaton M62. You can also source the carb (HD8)
from Joe Curto http://joecurto.com/   <http://joecurto.com/>He has built
most of the SU's for this conversion.

I have my doubts about 200hp to the rear wheels on a stock motor with
just a blower but it's the best bang for the buck as far as I'm
concerned. I am currently using up to 10lbs of boost & it's an amazing
differance. It's very usable HP that has a stump ripping grunt from
2,000 rpm's up.

If you live where the weather gets cold, the only slight problem you may
have is the icing of the SU in temps under 35-40 degs. I have not been
able to make a water jacket to heat the intake or the SU, but I'm
working on it. It's a problem that subsides when the temperature builds
to normal & is only slightly annoying. Other than that the car runs
better than stock. As with any performance upgrade that increases
combustion temps & compression, the motor must be in spec & certain
precautions must be taken to make it relaiable & durable.

If you need any more information, feel free to ask.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.