Amp gauge surge to +

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Amp gauge surge to +
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:46:23 +0000

I just installed a new battery and a remanufactured  Lucas alternator (new
rectifier, bearings, etc.) on my '72 TR6.  The old alternator was becoming
very noisy and the amp gauge was a bit jittery all the time.

With the new components the amp gauge will settle into a very steady
midpoint.  The gauge will, however, surge all the way off the + scale for a
second or two on startup.  I made sure the new battery has a full charge
before installing.  I'm a little concerned over this extreme (though short
in duration) reading.  Anything to worry about that would warrant further
investitgation?

Thanks as always for your help.

p.s. I decided to install a reman alternator.  I could not bring myself to
cut the original wiring for a GM type upgrade.

Walt Fogle
'72 TR6