Re: Amp gauge surge to +

To: lbc4me@hotmail.com, 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Amp gauge surge to +
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:03:59 -0400
Walt,

I did opt for the GM alt conversion and my set-up does exactly what you
say.  The needle will blip off the gauge then settle to just a little
on the plus side.  While running mine is always charging a little over.
  Not sure if this indicates a problem or if the extra items I have on
the car just draw a little more umph.  Also, when my car starts, if I
dont blip the throttle the red ignition light will glow and the ammeter
will indicate a draw until I raise the revs up over about 1300 rpm.
Everything works just fine for the last 5K miles so I just live with
it.  If you receive any responses off list please summarize your
findings and report it to the list.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley