Differential Lube

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Differential Lube
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 15:43:25 +0000
Hello All,
    I have a painted bare frame and am about to install a new differential.
I wish I could have redone it in 3.45:1 gearing instead of 3.73,  Someday...
    I looked in the Archives under "differential Lube" and got "0" matches.
I tried a couple different search options and still got 0.
    I was looking because the shims in the Differential are brass and I am
wondering about people's experiences with Synthetic Differential Lube.  I
use GM Synthetic Manual Transmission Lube in my Rover 5 speed, and that
seems to be the general consensus of the long-time Rover owners...
Synthetic is the way to go for corrosion and heat considerations.
SDSteve