Re: new ignition system

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new ignition system
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:17:57 -0700
Tom---The MSD 6A is a good unit. Allows plugs and points to last a
looong time. Remote control timing available. Throws a spark that fires
the plugs "under water". (I've never actually tried this)  You can run a
much colder plug if that suits the rest of your engine mods.

Don't expect this to be a demon tweak. It will merely compliment the
rest of the engine, if it's developed beyond what the stock setup can
handle.  I think this is true for ANY aftermarket ignition system.

Dick

Tom wrote:
Hi Guys
                          Time
to get more spark in my life, I am contemplating replacing my Crane 700
ignition with an MSD 6A and Petronics trigger any thoughts from anyone
who has and hasn't done this would be appreciated; my engine has been
suitably "taken care of". thanks guys it's allways a pleasure talking
and listening to you all. Have a great topdown weekend coming up.

      cheers
Tom 75--6