RE: Cooling System

To: "S. J. Swift" <sjswift@cby.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cooling System
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:03:10 -0400
Hi Steve:

Look in your battery. If it is all yellow in there, then you've confused the
battery and the radiator and filled one with Prestone and the other with
sulfuric acid.

Seriously, if the coolant is allowed to get too low the TR6 has been known to
get air sucked into the water pump. The pump does not then move the coolant. At
that point the temperature in the engine rises rapidly as boiling occurs and
the pressure in the system spikes. That could have explained the dual symptoms.
You have to keep the TR6 really topped up. I re-cored my radiator with a
slighly denser core and the heat issues went away. I used to drive with one eye
watching the temp guage. No longer.

Cheers,

Mark