Engine rebuilding questions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine rebuilding questions
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 22:40:28 EDT
Hi folks
I've run into a couple of glitches with my engine rebuild.  I rebuilt the
bottom end today with out any difficulty.  Everything went together very
nicely.
I put the cam pulley on and spinning the cam shaft, I feel a slight
resistance at one point in the revolution.  I had cam bearings put in, and I
didn't
notice any problems when I first installed it.  The resistance is very slight,
felt in both directions of revolution.  Whats up with this?  Is it possible
that
I moved one of the cam bearings?  It was a little tough to get the cam lined
up to go in straight, but it fit perfectly  It's got me really worried.  2nd
problem:  when I tighten up the distributor pedestal it makes the cam
impossible to move.  I asume I need to shim the pedestal somehow, but I don't
see shims
listed in any of the catalogs.  Where can I get them?  How do I measure to
know what  thickness of shim  is needed?
Joe Davis