Re: Window crank removal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window crank removal
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:24:27 -0800
Russell---After trying various other methods, I found that using a
1/84(diam.) pin punch to tap out the crank or door handle pin to be
easiest. The pin, which is 1/2 inch long and .125 diameter, should come
ou from either side. When re-installing the pin, a pre-cut one scored at
the half inch mark of a longer piece of rod (as another lister
suggested) makes it almost a piece of cake! Using the pin punch again to
line up the three holes, push in the scored piece from the other side,
and snap it off.

I use my knee to compress the door panel spring when doing this job.

Dick

Russell wrote:
I need to replace the interior door panels on my TR6. Is there a secret
to removing the pins that hold the window crank and the interior door
handle? What is a good tool to use? I've tried putting a screw driver in
between the escutcheon and the handle to make getting to the pin easier
and I've tried it without the screw driver. Do the pins have to go in
and come out in a certian direction? Last night I put some penetrating
oil on them I'm not sure if that helped or not. Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks
Russell
'73 TR6