Re: Rear Hub Removal

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Hub Removal
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:11:01 -0500
Ron,

>From the looks of that picture, I'd say your problem is simply that the rear
hub housing is rusted to the back plate assembly and to the trailing arm.
I'd use a good penetrating oil overnight then some light hammer strokes to
the back plate. Looks like the only thing holding it together now is rust.

You can do the bushings without removing the arm, but it is a much easier
job when done on a bench.

Good luck,
Peter
'68 TR250