Re: Rear Hub Removal

To: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>, 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Hub Removal
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:09:28 -0800 (PST)
Ron,

It's easy:)  Get rid of the Clymer manual:)

Really, all you have to do is remove the 6 nuts(you've
already done that) & then remove the 4 nuts/bolts at
the diff & tap the hub a few times if it won't come
out.  That's it.

Now if you're going to remove the trailing arm, you'll
also have to jack the trailing arm, remove the
vertical link nuts(at the trailing arm) & then slowly
release the jack.  You must also release the
e-brake...depending on if you remove the hub assembly
before or after you lower the trailing arm.  Guess you
should remove the hub/axle first.  Also, you'll need
to loosen the nuts holding the flexible brake hose at
the trailing arm.  This should allow the trailing arm
to drop low enough to remove the spring...then smooth
sailing.  Well, at least it's a start...

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO

http://home.comcast.net/~ronald.weber/images/rear_hub.jpg