Re: TR6 and Bosch Alternator Installation

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 and Bosch Alternator Installation
From: "Shannon Muncy" <shannm2@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:18:39 -0500
Ronnie,

I just went through this, and it is pretty much a direct replacement.  The
pulley and fan did work but I had to pull the fan blades a little forward to
use the stock adjustment bar.  If I remember right, I had to trim a little
metal off of the slide adjuster thingy as well, but nothing major.  The only
other thing was I had to cut about 1/4" off of the big alternator spacer
because it was mounted forward too much.

I still use the standard sized belt.

I also bought the plug kit that Moss offers.. that made things a bit easier.

I have a 72, so things might me a little different depending on your model.

-Shannon