RE: TR6 Diff ... Tranny

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil@caltel.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: TR6 Diff ... Tranny
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:29:53 -0800
        Bill:

        There is a drain plug on the tranny, it is centered in the
bottom of the transmission housing. It is a square headed pipe plug,
3/8" NPT as I recall.
        The Diff has no drain plug, which is a curious omission. Not
sure what the TR engineers were thinking here. Anyway, yes, you will
need a suction device. I suggest a "Jiffy Lube" or similar place, but
you can certainly fabricate one or buy one at an auto parts store. Jiffy
Lube has the needed tools to do the job. FYI, I am planning on adding a
drain plug to my diff while I am overhauling the chassis.

        Cheers,

        Vance