Re: leaking valve cover

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: leaking valve cover
From: HalMorton@webtv.net (Harold M. Morton)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:46:35 -0500
Ian,   Others have addressed your valve cover and brake fluid questions.
This is my 2 cents on spares.  One of my favorite resources is the free
classified ads on the Vintage Triumph Register website. (www.vtr.org) .
I`ve found some really good stuff there by placing "parts wanted" ads.
The ads are free, so you`ve got nothing to lose.  Specifically about
your bumper- You may find that you can get a  chroming shop to
straighten and rechrome yours at a reasonable price. I`ve been amazed at
what they can straighten. And the originals are generally considered to
be much better than repros. If yours is badly crunched, look into buying
a good core and having it rechromed.  Several shops I talked to had a
"book" a could quote a rechroming price based on make and model - and
their books actually had TR6`s listed.  HTH.

Hal Morton                                                  Pascagoula,
MS

Check out the new British Cars Forum: