Re: Barke master cylinder - Opinions wanted

To: m_girardin@sympatico.ca, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Barke master cylinder - Opinions wanted
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:34:10 -0400
Marc,

Your missing brake fluid will be located in your servo, unless your servo has
filled to capacity at which time it will be on your feet.

The answer to your question regarding rebuilding or replacing your MC lies in
what you discover when you take the MC apart.  If the bore is clean and smooth
and then I would purchase a rebuild kit and see if everything works well after
your rebuild.  If there is pitting in the bore then it is time to have it
replaced or resleeved.

I thought that since my brakes worked well, even with a single slight pit in
the bore and a leak in the seal that a rebuild would work.  I was wrong since
that ever so slight imperfection in the bore caused the new tighter replacement
seals to bind some of the time and the result was poor brake performance.

Finally I have intentionally given an answer that is not as detailed as it
could be since the www.buckeyetriumphs.org has an excellent series of pages on
all aspects of the TR6 brake system.  Also, check out the www.vtr.org website
for additional good stuff on TR6 brakes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aaron