Re: Ring help

To: "john davis" <YEAHBABYTR6@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Ring help
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 02:23:28 -0400
John,

Wish I could help you, but the spare rings I have are for +.040" .

Also, about that broken rod bolt.  It is new, isn't it?  Only new rod bolts
should be used when assembling a motor.  Whatever the case, it's a whole lot
better that it broke now then when you're winding the motor out a few months
from now.  Could have been very messy and expensive!  I would question the
whole lot of them if they're new.

You may even want to consider ARP fasteners, serious stuff but if you want
this level of protection anywhere it's at the rod bolts.  The ARP rod bolt
set can be had for $87 from Performance Research Industries
http://prirace.com/fasteners.htm#item1, about the lowest price I was able to
find.  Considering a standard non-ARP set will cost about $50 anyway the
small premium is worth every penny IMHO.

Greg
CD6250L