Re: .75" clutch master in an early TR6?

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: .75" clutch master in an early TR6?
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:08:56 -0700 (PDT)
Don

I am in the process of a different engine swap. Though I am trying to keep as
much stock TR-6 parts as possible.

With the swap I needed a little more travel on my clutch throw out arm than the
stock MC would provide. The slave cylinder, from fully bottomed out, to just
before coming out of the bore will provide almost 2.25" of travel. I did not
need all of that to have the clutch release.

After much research, consultation with other members in my club, and a racer, I
selected a Tilton MC from Pegasus racing supplies.  Pegasus has MC's from the
stock size up to 1.125" bore. I chose the 1.125" bore because I needed that
much volume to move the slave enough to release the clutch. It does do what I
wanted it to and does not feel heavy. It is more like the effort of my Ranger
Pickup.

All the dimensions, except the bore, are the same as the stock MC. In fact it
bolted right in the stock location with no modification. I did shorten the rod
provided and added a brake clevis pin assembly to attach to the clutch pedal.

The only draw back was the line size is a 3AN, where the stock one is a 4AN.
Where the hose connection is, is where I made the transfer by using two
different size barb fittings that would fit into a 6mm hose. A new 3AN steel
line goes into the MC and the stock TR-6 line into the slave cylinder.  Then
the 3AN fitting to the MC line and a 4AN off the plastic line from my TR-6 to a
new 6mm hose.

There are options out there if you look and are not wanting to stay with
originality.

Hope this answers your question.

tpdwinch@yahoo.com
Dale Morgan