Re: Ignition timing-30 BTDC ?

To: ShewFamily@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition timing-30 BTDC ?
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:06:04 -0400
John or anyone,

Where do I find the specifications for the height of the jets? I can't
find them in either Haynes ZS manual, Bently, Haynes Triumph TR250 TR6,
and I don't think Nelson addressed installing new jets.

Don Malling

ShewFamily@aol.com wrote:
I had the same problem with my car and determined that the
previous owner had messed-up the carbs.
I could not get them rich enough and therefore
I had to set the timing way up to get it to run.
It still spuddered and backfired.

After I figured out the carb problem (the dpo had hammered the jets in
even with the deck of the carb body instead of 85 to 120 thousandths below
deck level), I was able to set my timing and get the car to run at 4
degrees ATDC.
  John Shewmake
  '74 TR6
  Chattanooga, TN