Re: Positive camber

To: cdavies@holzher.com (Cliff Davies)
Subject: Re: Positive camber
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:41:23 -0700 (PDT)
Cliff---I can't tell you that removing the urethane spring pads will set
your wheels straight but you'll be going the right direction. It depends
on how much positive camber you have. We know that anything that adds to
the spring height will force the wheels towards the positive, as will an
increase in spring rate.  Be sure that the minor OD of the new pad fits
into the inside of the coils, and the pad's ID slips over the boss on
the trailing arm seat. If this doesn't do it, remove all the pads.

Before starting, check that the bracket "notches" are as before. If you
end up doing a bracket switch, Brian Lanoway's chart is posted in most
of MossMotors catalogues, showing all of the different combo's and the
results in camber degrees when changing them.

Be sure the suspension has settled by driving the car a bit.

Dick