Solenoid

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solenoid
From: "Ken Owens" <kenowens@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:31:18 -0400
I am in the process of putting my solenoid back on the starter and now
wondering if the plunger assembly (of the solenoid) with the spring slips OVER
the lever in the starter of simply presses against it.  The is the pre-engaged
starter and I am assuming the preengaged relates to the spring assembly of the
starter being connected to the starter lever. This appears to be the way it is
pictured on page 169 of the Haynes book but I don't recall it being set up
this way on disassembly.

Ken Owens
71 TR6