Modern front hub grease seals (was Loose Hub Bearings)

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Modern front hub grease seals (was Loose Hub Bearings)
From: Jay Welch <jay_welch@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:46:30 GMT
Hi Folks,

I got this info from the lists some time ago.

- Modern Front Wheel Grease Seal - CarQuest part# SLS #340823 supplied by
Federal Mogul or CR 13612, type HM21

By the way.  Our web site now has my "archive" of information posted in a
format that will allow you to bring it right up in MS Word and view or print.
By doing it this way the columns will be aligned and the info makes sense.
Lots of great tips from people like you.  You'll probably recognize some of
your input to the lists.  While it mostly deals with TR6s there is also a lot
of general automotive and LBC site info.  It gets updated quarterly....keep
that info coming.

To access go to http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/  then to the "Technical"
section, then the TR6 reference document.

Good luck,
Jay Welch
1973 Driver with "potential"
1971 TR6 Project with "some potential"
1/2 1971 TR6 with "no potential"
Member Cape Cod British Car Club CCBCC http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/

>>1 solution is to go to a modern type seal. Someone posted the part number a
>few years ago. Unfortunately, I cannot find the part number
now. But I put those seals on my TR6 several years ago, and have had zero
problems since, at least with the front wheel bearings. ;-)