Re: Horn Contact Question

To: gkester@ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: Horn Contact Question
From: "TR6 Triumph" <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 05:49:07 +0000
Hi Grant,

I only get to check e-mails every few days recently so I hope this is still
useful information.  TRF and also possibly Moss are wrong in their listing
of this: the 1969 TR6 uses a 3.4" inch long horn brush (plastic tube with
spring-loaded contacts at both ends).  The steering hub is longer in the
1969 year TR6 by 0.8".  The original Lucas part used was an orange plastic
tube, visually differentiating it from the other brush available at that
point and used on other British cars of the time (including the Spitfire).

I do believe that Mosss sells a 3.4" one though, you have to ask for it
specifically (and make sure that you were understood correctly).  TRF
incorrectly superceeded the old horn brush to the only remaining available
horn brush for them (which is not the same).  Moss may have done the same.

Good luck,
Dave Herbert
1969 TR6 and nothing else