Stupid is as Stupid Does

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stupid is as Stupid Does
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:24:45 -0400
List,
In the process of working to get my car back on the road by this Friday, I did
something stupid.  I placed the ignition switch in the on position to check the
wiring for my overdrive.  However, I forgot that I had left the switch in the
on position for about an hour.  Up until Sunday afternoon, the engine would
crank and run great.  I tried cranking it last night and it will try to hit,
but it will never catch and run.  My car has the Pertronix unit.

My question is did I burn up my coil or damage the Pertronix unit?  I am going
to purchase a cheap coil today, but thought I would rise above the
embarrassment of my stupidity and ask the List to get your advice and
experience.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN