Starter

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter
From: "Don Aldous" <don@aldous.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:58:38 -0300
I recently installed a new ignition switch in the 6 and had to do some cut
and splicing since the original switch for a 73 was not available.  I was
very careful to get the right wires connected and per Dan Marster's book.
The car will start but only after the starter "grunts" on the first try. It
acts as if it is getting power but does not turn the engine over.  Then when
I turn the ignition key again, she starts and runs well. The only change I
made was to install a heavier gauge wire from ignition to solenoid.  Is this
likely to be the solenoid that is weak?  Any suggestions??
Don
CF10565