Re: TR6 Running Rich - Update

To: <Chip19474@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Running Rich - Update
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:15:32 -0700
Chip,

Assuming that your fuel gauge is close to accurate, when it reads zero and
fuel is still flowing it indicates that somewhere in the system there is a the
equivalent of a hole that fuel is flowing through and thereby the pressure is
being relieved and reading zero.  Given the flow rate of the fuel pump, if a
float valve or valves were stuck open I don't know whether the engine run
poorly or die altogether, and I wonder if, due to the small orifice of the
check valves, and therefore restricted fuel flow, that there would still be
some pressure in the system.  I wonder if Dick Taylor has any thoughts about
this aspect.

Are you smelling gas?  You could run the engine without the air cleaners and
when it acts up, shut it down and stick a finger in each of the carb intakes
and see if one or both is flooded with gas.  It is interesting that it runs
strongly when revving and consuming lots of fuel.

Gary
'73