RE: RPMs WAY too high !

To: "TR6 Triumph" <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RPMs WAY too high !
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 14:19:35 -0700
Dave,

Using the owner's manual data of 482 RPM @ 10 MPH (Carb/USA Market TR6) and
multiplying that times 6.5, we get an RPM @ 65 MPH of 3133.  However, before
I would start tearing into the rearend.  I would consider two other
possibilities: 1.Is the speedo reading correctly?  2. Is the Tach reading
correctly?.  Checking the speedo is easy, just get a friend with a modern
car, and have then drive next to you @ 65 (on the freeway).  Is your speedo
also indicates 65, then your speedo is OK.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, Ca
'73 TR6