How to sync/tune dual Strombergs?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: How to sync/tune dual Strombergs?
From: "Kronberg, Peter" <Peter.Kronberg@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:22:50 -0500
Hey Everyone,
Well, I got my '76 fired up for the first time yesterday. Mind you, I've
installed a Pertronix Ignitor and had both carbs removed to replace
float bowl plug O-rings.
I have to say, she idles fairly well. However, under load...no power.
The acceleration response is..."sputtery".
Now, as I've mentioned in earlier messages, I think my dizzy may have
rotated on me slightly, so I'll be checking ignition timing next. 4deg
ATDC, right? Bentley mentions a micro-adjustment nut for minor timing
tweaks, but I can't seem to find it in any exploded parts diagram.
So...I guess I'll be resorting to loosening of the clamp, and rotating
the housing/shaft.
Which direction of dizzy rotation will change timing closer/away from
TDC?
Do my symptoms suggest that this is likely to be enough of a factor, or
should I then move on to carb syncing/tuning?
Here's where things get sticky...
I am looking for a cookbook set of procedures for syncing my carbs. I've
had the throttle interconnect linkage off, and I suspect that I need to
synchronize them, at least. I never messed with the dashpots,
diaphragms, needle valves, etc so I'm hoping I don't need to mess with
mixture.

The frustrating thing is, there is TONS of info on rebuilding carbs, but
sketchy info on syncing / tuning. I checked the archives, but got no
hits.

Please advise, and thanx in advance from the bottom of my sump.

Pete
'76 CF51563U (TRYin' to mo'tate...)