RE: Looking for 12v for Pertronix Ignitor

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: RE: Looking for 12v for Pertronix Ignitor
From: "Kronberg, Peter" <Peter.Kronberg@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:39:37 -0500
Hey Everyone,
Thanks for all the helpful tips. Turns out, I don't think I have a
ballast resistor in my ignition circuit. I followed the WY wire from the
(+) side of the coil (Item 9 on page 17 of Bentley...described as
ballast resistor wire), but I don't see any discrete component resistor.
Soo, I went ahead and connected the red wire to the (+) side of the
coil, and she fired up first time! Purring like a kitten!!
However, in true LBC fashion...this is NOT the end of the story. Seems
that I have a fuel leak in the one piece of connector hose that I can't
get to...it's under the mounting bracket for the defunct, after-market
AC compressor!! I was going to defer de-installation until next winter,
but it looks like that job has been stepped up in priority!
If anyone is interested in any of these AC components, they're yours for
free...you pay shipping.

Pete
CF51563U (sooo close to mo'tatin'...)