Looking for 12v for Pertronix Ignitor

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for 12v for Pertronix Ignitor
From: "Kronberg, Peter" <Peter.Kronberg@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:32:40 -0500
Hey List,
I'm sorry to be beating this horse to death (re: previous thread Koil
Konfusion), but I'm STILL stumped on something...please pardon my
denseness, and help me get running!
Now, my '76 SUPPOSEDLY has ballasted ignition system, which means that
the (+) side of the coil will only provide 6 to 9 volts. The Pertronix
Ignitor requires the red lead to be connected to a 12 volt source. I'm
having trouble figuring out the BEST place to connect the red lead for
the necessary 12 volts. All my winter projects are done, fresh tune-up,
oil-change, new meats...ready to fire up for the first time since
November...except for this.
Can anyone give me a definitive answer? I'd be glad to regale you with
my success story, subsequently.

Thanx in advance,

Pete
'76 CF51563U  (and itchin' to mo'tate...)