Confused about distributor locking plate

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Confused about distributor locking plate
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:29:07 -0400
Hi Listers,

Can anyone explain to me how I should install my new locking plate that
has TWO mounting holes that attach to the distributor pedestal?  In other
words, how should my timing adjusting bolt on the plate that has the
slotted hex bolt head be oriented?  I would love to hear that it should
be facing to the LEFT of the distributor as you look down on it.  My
original plate only had ONE mounting hole and the slotted hex head on the
adjusting bolt was facing to the RIGHT of the distributor, making it
awkward to put a socket or stubby screwdriver on it because it was so
close to the engine head.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about? . . .
I can be confusing at times!

Al Graffam  CT  74

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!