Re: Stripped Stud in Trailing Arm

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stripped Stud in Trailing Arm
From: "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 10:09:46 -0700
It's also the "nature of the beast" with a steel stud in alum.  Every time
the nut is loosened the stud comes out a bit.  Successive loosening and the
stud isn't held in by many threads and it'll strip when torqued. You should
check that the stud is "tight" before you put it back together. Motorcycle
engines are very suseptible to this.

John
71TR6