Re: firewall stuff

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: firewall stuff
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:37:01 -0700
Joe, almost finished doing the same thing to my 76 TR6.

>1. Where does the hood release exit the fire wall and
how is it routed?

The cable comes thru a small hole next to a major harness egress to the
left of the pedal box.  It gets routed across the top of the battery
using two small metal p-clips that are each held with a single self
tapping screw.  From there it goes to the hood release mechanism.

>2.  Where does the oil pressure line exit the firewall?

Looking at the firewall from the front of the car, there are two holes
up and to the right of the steering column.  The one to the left is for
the oil line, the one to the right is for the speedo cable.  If you have
a mileage counter, I believe the cable for it is shared with the oil
line.

>3. There are two large holes to the left of where the steering column
comes
through the firewall.  Which one is for the speedo cable, and what is
the
other one for?

See #2

>4. On the passenger side there are three sets of holes (two of
which are obviously for the rubber hood thingys.  What is the third pair
of
holes for?  I can't believe I don't remember this stuff.  Should have
written
it down.

Three leftmost holes (looking from the front of the car towards the rear
of the car) are grouped in a triangle with the base of the triangle on
top.  These should match the pattern of the washer bottle mount, and are
fitted with "rawl nuts" (nuts that are held captive in a rubber mount).
The two to the right of those three should be plugged with rubber plugs.
Two holes below those are for the washer hose and the cable for the
washer pump motor.

John Lumia - 1976 TR6