Is the rack in the way?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Is the rack in the way?
From: lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:59:58 -0500
Can I insall the engine with the steering rack in place?  I know that the
manuals say the rack should be moved forward, but I didn't have any trouble
getting the motor out with the rack in place.  I need to install the rack at
least temporarily so I can move the car around.  Also, When I removed the
wishbone brackets from the frame, there were NO shims in place.  What is
usually needed on an unmolested chasis?  I know that this will need to be
finalized once the motor is back in the car
Joe Davis