Re: Half shaft boots and grease

To: dcooper@paciolan.com (Dwayne Cooper)
Subject: Re: Half shaft boots and grease
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:20:02 -0800 (PST)
Dwayne---I've ever cared much for the idea of packing these boots with
grease of any kind. I believe their intention is to keep the splined
shafts relatively clean of outside contaminants, and to keep the grease
in the sliding splines from fouling the undercarriage. I have found
great success in using a Moly grease on these splines. A tip for keeping
both ends of the boots in place is using the "Releasable nylon cable
ties" in place of the metal ones. Easy to put on and tighten, simple to
remove, and cheap!
Get the ones 7.5" x 1/4" wide, available at places like Home Depot.

Dick