Re: Cam new vs. re-grind

To: Wayne Ross <rengrave@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Cam new vs. re-grind
From: Terry Geiger <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:11:04 -0600 (CST)
I've had a bad experience with regrinds so I'm very reluctant to use them.  I
installed one while rebuilding my engine and it only lasted about 5k miles.  I
followed all the rules by using a prelube and new tappets.  I purchased a NOS
camshaft from BPNW and it's been running fine (over 5k miles now).  Again, I
used engine assembly pre-lube and installed a new set of lifters to go with
the new camshaft.  This new camshaft was of obviously higher quality than the
reground so I'm quite happy with it and I think it will serve me for many
years.

Many have used regrinds with success.  My regrind did not come from TRF so I
cannot comment on the quality of their reground camshaft but I must agree with
you as nearly everything I have purchased from TRF has been of very good
quality.

Terry Geiger
Florence, Alabama USA
1974 TR6 Mimosa Yellow