RE: Lower Trunions

To: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lower Trunions
From: "Neil Beesley" <Neil.Beesley@securesult.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:51:47 -0000
Yes, that's what you're meant to do. Oil, apparently, because grease doesn't
penetrate all the way through the trunnion's thread - though I believe some
have tried heating up the trunnion and/or grease first, with some success.

Someone on the list a while back suggested making up a mix of grease and
oil, which I've done since and found works really well. The resultant slop
is slightly thicker than the oil, which makes getting the lubricant into the
trunnion a little easier (at least with the cheapo cruddy grease gun I've
got)

Regards,

Neil

'70 TR6 PI