RE: what year to buy

To: "'Earsing, Mike'" <MEarsing@jesuitcp.org>,
Subject: RE: what year to buy
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:56:00 -0600
I vote for the earliest year that you can find a car with an overdrive.
Earliest cars have the fewest emissions controls; they also don't have the
rubber bumper overriders that I don't particularly like.

I had a 69 (first year) which I really liked, except for no o/d. It also had
the ignition switch at the top of the console, where God intended it to be,
instead of the awkward lock under the steering wheel.

On the other hand, I now have a 72 and I can't tell much difference ... it
has overdrive, but I haven't been able to get it to work yet, so it runs and
sounds pretty much like my '69, which was fine.

Graham