Re: "Over the diff" sway-bars

To: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: "Over the diff" sway-bars
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 11:00:38 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

The sway bar setup looks lool. I've seen the Revington "coil over" shock
setup. It looks pretty interesting, but the shock itself is pretty small.
When I first saw it, my initial reaction was "where's the fluid
reservior?".

The one issue I have with this particualr rear bar setup is that the thing
mounts away from the center of the spring, so I would think a thinner bar
would be needed to get equivalent spring rates to the other bars (like
Addco and Goodparts)... in other words, a 3/4 Revington bar would be _way
more_ bar than a 3/4 Addco bar. But that's just my unqualified opinion.

The picture did give me an idea to try with my current setup, though.

To be honest - I could fix a lot of these "issues" if I went to a
coil-over setup, but I'm trying to keep the car more "vintage" than
"current technology fast". But I just might have to bite the bullet
someday and go to coilovers. They def. make setting up the suspension
easy! Especially when you start "corner weighting" the car!

Thanks for the tip, Shane.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |