Re: TR-6 Performance (current list)

To: Jim Swarthout <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Performance (current list)
From: Berzins Family <berzins@eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:55:43 -0400
Using my secret brain, here's my two cents on static vs dynamic
compression ratios -

Both of the above measure the compression of an engine but use different
methods one ideal, one realistic.

Static Compression Ratio is a mathematical measurement where you measure
and compare the volume above the piston at TDC & BDC using a graduated
cylinder and  a burrette.

Dynamic Compression Ratio also measures the compression ratio but under
"real" conditions. Dynamic takes into account may variables such as
camshaft lift & duration, type of induction... etc. Therefore,  how
efficently the cylinders are being filled with AFM as the motor is running.

Basically Dynamic Compression Ratio is in fact the real compression
ratio - what is really happening compression-wise as you drive your Tr6
happily down the street!!

I hope my Can. .02 cents makes some sense!!

Aivars Berzins