RE: Canuck Boys

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Canuck Boys
From: "Pappin,Ian" <ianp@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:44:18 -0700
First, thanks for the reply guys.  Our winter hasn't been to bad so far but
you all know what can and will happen.  I purchased a 1976 TR6 last summer
from the original owner locally with 57,000 miles on it and it is virtually
rust free.  The drive train has and will be my source of concern for a
while.  I have re-built the ZS carbs from scratch and apparently do not have
the tools (or skill) to get them to work well - idles great cold and about
1/2 hour into running temperature floods itself to death. I have tried to
use some of the posted how to's but no luck.  Also rebuilt the fuel pump,
replaced the intake/exhaust manifold due to a ~30 sec cycle of good idle to
near stall - thought it was a vacuum leak at the intake manifold - fixed.
Quite frastrated with her now as she has stranded me a couple of times (ya,
I know it's my fault).  Still have to figure out why the electric O/D packed
it in after attempting to install a stereo system!  I'm kinda setting myself
up as one of those infamous DPO's (dumb previous owners) I geuss not trying
to be though!

Anyway fella's, which clutch would you recommend - the Laycock or the Borg
and Beck? The Land Cruiser is a good tip and I'll ask the List now for the
part number.  There is a mechanic I have already used locally (Hawkins Auto
Service) that is good (rebuilt my diff for ~$600.00) so if you are out here,
use him.  Options are always a good thing though so thanks for the tip in
Calgary, Bruce.  I don't know of the Edmonton based guy that works on
Britts, Volvo, and Miata's - I'll see what I can find out.

I have purchased 1 or 2 items from Vic Britt but never Moss or Roadster
Factory - When are the sales?  Good Idea to use regular mail, it is kind of
a burn to pay that handling fee.  D'oh.

Thanks Again,

Ian