RE: TR-6 Performance (current list)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Performance (current list)
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:30:23 -0500
Robert Lang has joined the List with the correct answer to #4!

God I love it!

Robert,

It may have been a WAG...but you got it exactly right...and I never
Really thought anyone would.

Best regards,

Jim

Hey - you're dealin' with the cream of the crop here!

:-)

Okay - here's my "stab" at fame...

#4) Why will roller rockers of an equal ratio open the valves further?

 The ratio of the roller rocker is "fixed" because the pivot point of
the
 rocker shaft to the roller center distance does not change whereas the
 "face" on a stock rocker allows the pivot point to face ratio to vary
 There's also the factor of side-loading of the valve stem, but that
 should
 be minor, all other things considered. I can't see that factor changing
 the ratio of the rocker arm.

 It's a wild-ass guess, but the best I can come up with.

 :-)
 rml